Family is like fudge.....sweet with a few nuts

Family is like fudge.....sweet with a few nuts
December 2008

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Homecoming

So, we are at that point in our lives where we now have to come up with cute and clever ways to ask people to dances and to answer those who ask. So the other day, my son, Diego, comes home and says that he wants to ask someone to homecoming so that he can double with his best friend and his girlfriend. I said that should be fine, we will think about it and talk to dad. Well, he informed me that he and his friend were both planning on asking thier respective dates that night! This was at about 6-6:30 pm. How on earth was I supposed to come up with something awesome and clever on a moments notice? And yes, I said I had to come up with it, surely you weren't thinking that my son was going to think of something???? So his idea, well he got it from someone else, was to give her a box of Honeycomb cereal, which I happened to have on hand, and say " Honey, comb your hair, we are going to homecoming." Really? That's what you want to go with??? So, I, being the clever person that I am, came up with this (on short notice I think it is pretty good):







We opened the box and added a bunch of tiny pieces of paper that said different things, one of them saying that is was from Diego.


So off they went, Diego, Cody, and my husband (ya know, for moral support, hah) to doorbell ditch this girl to ask her to homecoming. Oh, and by the way, in case you were wondering what his friend was doing, he was getting a bunch of tiny little fish, putting them in a bowl and telling his girlfriend that out of all the fish in the sea, will you go to homecoming with me? That's are boys!!!!!!! So anyway, they made it to both girls houses, dropped off the stuff, and now we wait.................

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love that her name starts with a "D" just like his sweet mom! I hope she says "Absolutely!" Have a great one! ~Laura

melissa ( : said...

I can't stand the suspense.........
Did she say yes!!?!

Kristina Curtis said...

that is so cute! i asked a guy to preference saying "honey comb to the the dance with me," no it wasnt' brady so we don't talk about it. HAHA! j/k but i LOVE the froot loop!! so original!! YOu gettem Diego!!