Family is like fudge.....sweet with a few nuts

Family is like fudge.....sweet with a few nuts
December 2008

Friday, May 21, 2010

Really, has it been that long????

Wow, sorry to those of you who have been faithful checkers of blogs. I am pretty sure I have said it before, but I will say it again, this is why I am not a huge fan of Facebook, I forget about blogs!!!

So here is a small recap of the past few months:

Well, the most major happening in our lives since I posted last is that we moved. Last summer, Diego saw a house not to far from where we lived for sale. It was kind of an older home, needed some repairs, new paint, new carpet, etc. It had 5 bedrooms plus a great room that could double as a guest bedroom/'playroom'. This house was a short sale so we knew it would take longer than normal which was fine since we didn't have to go anywhere. We waited until our offer was officially accepted and then put our house up for sale. Our house sold in 5 days!!!!! We were scheduled to close on our house on November 23rd (if I remember correctly). As of my last post on November 15th, we still did not have a closing date for the purchase of the new house (stress, stress, and more stress). Things were not looking good on the sellers part, not to mention the fact that I had not packed a single thing, seriously!. On Tuesday, the 17th of November, my realtor called and said that it wasn't looking good, he wasn't getting the paperwork he needed from the other realtors and the banks involved on their end. Now keep in mind that my house was sold. Now we DID have to move, there was no backing out. So online I went, looking for other houses that 'would do'. My realtor suggested a house that was down the street, in the next ward (which happened to be the ward we were split from 2 years ago, it was built 2 years ago but had never sold, so it was basically brand new, never occupied. He said it only had 3 bedrooms, but they were big and there was also an office that could be used as well. Diego did not want to go look at it, no way. We finally did, and to sum it up, I called my realtor from the empty living room of that house, told him we wanted it. Our offer was accepted, and in one week, literally, I packed up my house and we closed and moved into this one. Yes there are less rooms, but they were alot bigger, and it beat being homeless, which technically we were for a day. Diego and I literally had no place to go that Tuesday, until finally we got the call to come sign papers. ( I will try to remember to post pics soon). It was definitely the right thing to do. This house has all of the upgrades that we wanted to do in the other house, we just have to do the landscaping, but it has a classy feel to it and it is definitely a step up for us.

In other news, Diego and celebrated 18 marvelous years together in May. Kids are all doing great, only one more week of school. I guess I just realized that all three of them are will be the upperclassman of their schools next year...Diego will be a senior (holy crap), Miguel will be in 8th grade (9th grade is at the High School), and Antonio will be in 6th grade. Cool, huh?


Well, that is going to have to do for now. I will certainly try not to have another 4 month break between posts next time.

Love to all
Darci and Family

10 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you for your sweet belated bday message, same to you! I think I did know that because Lori was actually born the week before us, making us all bonded forever as friends. Funny how our childhood can always make us feel loved and connected. Loved the update and agree with you about facebook. Congrats on the new house! Have a great one! ~Laura

icedgurl said...

HoLiDay bLoGwAlKiNg HeRe... ChEcK mY SiTe Too... SeAsOnS GrEeTiNgS tO EvErYoNe! :]

mj said...

Your blogs are great. I love reading it. Please update your blog.


Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate |
Washington State Speeding Ticket | SEO Dallas |
Alaska Hunting Guides

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your post and I really appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Pay Per Minute Video Chat Software

Anonymous said...

Yes...it has been that long...

strat said...

You will do good over there. That might your perfect place to excel.
cremation-usa.com

SEO TIPS said...

hey i read your post and its really helps me,its very informative article,thanks for it,foe viewing android details
http://www.mspy.com/text_message_spy.html
visit here.

Online Beauty Store said...

Wow! Its a beautiful and big family. Thanks for sharing your wonderful moments. Web Design Bangalore

Unknown said...

Very nice,,,Thanks for sharing..
If you want any help related to yahoo problems Please visit my site yahoo helpline.

chenlili said...

cheap nfl jerseys
ralph lauren shirts
ray ban aviators
polo ralph lauren
longchamp outlet store
fitflop sandals
ugg outlet online
michael kors handbags
jordan shoes
diego costa jersey
2017.9.16xukaimin